Bow Wow Wow


Great song - and it has great opportunities for rhythms. Make sure you teach the circle game. They LOVE it!

See the flash cards below. The empty doghouse is the "rest," the "bone" is "ta," and the "sneakers" - or "gym shoes" = "ti-ti." I give each student 4 cards (two "ti-ti" cards) and practice rhythmic dictation. I say the pattern, they echo. Then I say it again, with them echoing. Then, they put their cards in the correct order. Then I say it one more time while they point along to check their answers. Then I write the correct order on the board. After practicing this for about 10 minutes for 2 music days in a row, they are probably ready for the assessment.

Flash Cards:




Assessment:


Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Exclusive Music - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger