Home » , , » Captain, Go Sidetrack Your Train

Captain, Go Sidetrack Your Train



Sequence:
(1) I start singing the song while accompanying myself on the keyboard.
(2) Then I point to the students on the word "train," and they sing "doo doo doo doo" on the syncopated recorder rhythm on B and A.
(3) After practicing that, I have them add "toot toot" on "line" on the 3rd phrase.
(4) We figure out that the notes on "doo doo doo doo" are two high notes, the 3rd note down, then the 4th note back up. I lead them to understand that if we start on B, the notes must be B B A B.
(5) Then, students are allowed to add "B" on "toot toot." Then, I tell them they could add "A" if they want. Later they can add "G".
(6) We put the whole thing together. I sing, they play the recorder part.
(7) On another day, we review the recorder part and add the bass xylophone/bass metallophone part.


Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Exclusive Music - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger