Home » , » Nutcracker-2nd grade

Nutcracker-2nd grade

I also teach the Nutcracker Ballet by Tchaikovsky with 2nd graders. (Here's the 1st grade lesson.)







I review the story with the 2nd graders by showing them the PowerPoint (photos are from the internet) and playing key pieces from the ballet. Then, I focus on four pieces, which the students have to recognize on their assessment.

Spanish Dance
Arabian Dance
Chinese Dance
Russian Dance

This is the Nutcracker coloring book that I got the assessment pictures from, so instead of posting them here, I will let you know what book it is. I also use the drawings from this coloring book to tell the story in 1st grade.

Like in my first grade lesson, I play the four selections from The Nutcracker Suite, and the students compare and contrast them by listening and dancing and coloring while listening.
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Exclusive Music - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger