Home » » Illinois Songs - and Beyond

Illinois Songs - and Beyond

Do you know your state song? Do your students know it? Although I haven't taught my state (Illinois) song every year, I think it's a beautiful song - and I did use it with 3rd graders one year in their program. Below are the two verses I taught them (there are more verses).

Illinois Song - accompaniment here



And once, while I was searching for folk songs, I came across these charming songs about my state.

The Plains of Illinois


El-A-Noy


Rock Island Line

Goin' Down to Cairo - Cairo is pronounced "carrow," which rhymes with "marrow." It lies on the junction of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers on the Southern tip of Illinois.


And... these songs work be great for any states who have been part of the "western expansion."

Little Old Sod Shanty


When I First Came to This Land



To the West



Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Exclusive Music - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger